ACTION (Areas Committed to Increasing Opportunity Now) Communities
Community alliances that are working to support the needs of communities can take a variety of forms and vary in scope and size of effort. You may already be part of a multi-sector effort to expand opportunity, but you want to incorporate the Index into your goal-setting. Or perhaps you are concerned about safety in your neighborhood and have already been working on reducing crime, but you know that the quality of schools and availability of jobs are interrelated, and want to coordinate with others.
We encourage established institutions and passionate leaders that want to make a lasting impact on their community to pledge to become an ACTION Community, an Area Committed to Increasing Opportunity Now. ACTION Communities will work with Opportunity Nation to on coordinated efforts to increase their Opportunity Score.
ACTION Communities will receive support towards this goal, including
- Connection to Opportunity Nation’s partners, 200+ coalition members, a powerful and inspiring Leadership Council and national businesses committed to a common goal
- Access to toolkits, webinars and community specific guidance on improving your community
- A chance to share your path towards opportunity with a national audience through Opportunity Nation’s media partnerships
In becoming an ACTION Community commit to:
- Adopting a goal and strategy to increase your community’s Opportunity Score
- Engaging cross-sector stakeholders to collaborate in increasing the Opportunity Score or Rank
- Sharing best practices and strategies with other ACTION Communities
Providing a bi-annual update on progress with Opportunity Nation
ACTION Community Application
Complete the brief application to become an ACTION Community. You will receive a confirmation email once you submit a completed application.