Opportunity Nation, Des Moines Area Community College, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Iowa, United Way of Central Iowa, and iJAG cordially invite you to attend the cross-sector and bipartisan Iowa Opportunity Forum on November 16th at DMACC.
The Iowa Opportunity Forum will highlight Iowa’s leadership in expanding opportunity and our shared commitment to closing the skills gap, as well as decreasing the number of “disconnected” young adults via innovative skills-training partnerships and cross-sector collaborations. Effective solutions, including those that strengthen the critical pathways of education and training beyond high school for young adults, will be elevated. View the press release announcing the event.
We are excited that the event has already been touted in an oped by The Des Moines Register and we are thrilled to be joined by a distinguished group of Honorary Co-Chairs:
- Former U.S. Senator Tom Harkin
- Former U.S. Representative Tom Latham
- Dr. Andy McGuire, Chair, Iowa Democratic Party
- Jeff Kaufmann, Chair, Republican Party of Iowa
Attendees at the event will include business leaders, community colleges, nonprofits, community foundations, and elected representatives from across all 99 counties. The agenda (in formation) will include:
- Discussing what opportunity-related data tells us about Iowa’s strengths and weaknesses
- Highlighting partnerships that provide education and training
- Developing an action plan to improve opportunity in our communities
- Networking with sector representatives and young adult leaders from across the state
Additionally, we have extended invitations to the Presidential Candidates to discuss what they would do to close the opportunity gap and ensure our businesses have the talent they need.