Job Opening: Special Projects Assistant
Opportunity Nation, a campaign of Be The Change Inc., seeks an energetic, reliable, and organized professional to serve as Special Projects Assistant (SPA) to the executive director of Opportunity Nation. The SPA is supervised by and works closely to support the executive director in her daily operations on a variety of projects that involve all facets of running a national campaign.
This position requires the SPA to collaborate with various leaders connected to the organization, be flexible and hard working, and have a multi-‐disciplinary skill set, as his/her assignments are as varied as the initiatives taken on by the executive director. Currently, these initiatives are focused on four areas: (1) fundraising, (2) strategic planning (3) board management (4) communicating with staff and external partners.
The position is an opportunity for a professional to learn and work alongside the highest levels of an organization and participate in the building of the next phase of a growing national campaign. The profile of a successful candidate will be someone who is proactive, thrives in managing multiple projects and details, is energized by making big national change, wakes up everyday hungry to add value and make the campaign successful in its mission. A plus if candidates have a personal connection to the mission of the campaign.
Primary responsibilities include:
Some of the SPA’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage all scheduling and travel
- Manage ED daily priorities
- Proactively manage relationships
- Research and preparation for conferences and meetings
- Represent the Executive Director at a variety of meetings
- Work with other Be the Change and Opportunity Nation staff on major events and outreach
- Draft and respond to correspondence
- Accompany ED at meetings
- Other projects as they arrive
The SPA will have a unique opportunity to participate in all facets of a fast-moving national campaign and learn about nonprofit leadership.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Meticulous proofreading skills
- A demonstrated passion for work that directly benefits communities
- A sense of humor
- A terrific work ethic
- Very organized but flexible
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-‐paced environment, lead projects, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities, and work well as a member of a team
- Command of all Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as experience with database management.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
Be The Change, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who values all candidates and employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital or partnership status, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information or ancestry or any other category protected by applicable law. Veterans, military spouses and national civilian service alumni are encouraged to apply to work at Be The Change.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.