Join Our #MillennialMon Chat On Youth Employment
Creating Career Opportunities for Young People in Our Communities
Monday, June 8th at 3pm EST
Participate in an important upcoming Twitter conversation with our Opportunity Leaders and our amazing coalition partner, Young Invincibles, for #MillennialMon!
- Elevate solutions for generating employment opportunities for young people that allow them to learn and get on a path to a career.
Why You Should Join:
- Whether you are working on this issue, or just care about it, your insights are valuable.
- Particularly as many cities are kicking off summer employment programs, this will be a chance for people to learn from each other and share ideas about how to create more of these experiences for young adults and to make them as effective as possible.
1. Promote the chat online!
2. Ask for people in your networks to get involved! Employers, policy makers, nonprofit partners…anyone working to end youth unemployment.
3. Join the chat on Monday, June 8th at 3pm EST and include #MillennialMon in all your tweets.
- Prepare content: You may want to prepare some links you plan to share in advance, or introduce yourself at the beginning of the hour. The idea is for this to be a real conversation, so enjoy learning and participating as the chat progresses.
- Respond to other tweets: Retweet things you want to share with your followers, as well as replying to people who’ve said things you want to discuss more. If want your followers to see responses to other tweets, put a period before the Twitter handle of the person you are replying to.
- Multiple Tabs: Often during Twitter chats I have two tabs open at the same time. One tab with search results for #MillennialMon and another Twitter tab open to the account of the organization asking the questions. You can also use an app like Hootsuite,Tweetdeck or TweetChat to make your life easier.
- Follow Back: I recommend clicking “follow” on different people you see tweeting during the conversation. Hopefully they will follow you back so you can keep the conversation going long after this hour.