Opportunity Nation Says The Next President Can Do These 12 Things To Close Gap•
Whoever the next president is, Opportunity Nation has developed a list of priorities to help expand opportunity to all Americans. The bipartisan, national nonprofit comprises more than 350 cross-sector organizations that work together to expand economic mobility and close opportunity gaps.
Here are the 12 actions the organization would like to see the next president of the United States take in order to increase opportunity for all:
- Establish the White House Office of Opportunity
- Update career and technical education
- Incentivize employers to hire and train youth
- Encourage cross-sector collaboration
- Provide comprehensive program design and wrap-around support services
- Advance juvenile and criminal justice reform
- Expand access to high-quality early childhood education program for low- and moderate-income families
- Improve affordability, quality, and financial aid access in postsecondary education
- Support college savings plans for low-income children
- Expand and make permanent the earned income tax credit
- Accelerate access to high-speed Internet
- Strengthen civic engagement in communities
Black Enterprise recently discussed the 12 action items with Monique Rizer, executive director of Opportunity Nation.